A nice evening at Kate and Tony's House

by - 3:43 PM


I haven't been to a Tony party in a long time and what a treat it was. From 1997 to 2000 I worked at Svoboda's Bookstore in State College, PA with a great group of people: Tony (our pony-tailed Adonis-legged manager), Brian (the chisel-faced philosopher), Sharon (blonde pre-hipster bespectacled lover of poetry), Amy (the soft-faced artist), Michael (the stern-faced Darwin-bearded owner), and others to boot. It was a great independent bookstore with a solid following in the Penn State community.
It's where I helped my father-in-law before he was my In-dad as I call him now.
...where we danced until 4 am drinking wine and beer and eating sushi while discussing operations in the eleventh dimension with a Field's medal finalist.
...where I bought books at cost...
...that brought me to a new appreciation of the depth and breadth of learning...
...that gave me some good friends that I am so happy to be near again, now that J, Sacha, and I live in State College.
We had a great time and are eager to see Kate, Tony, and their girls again and the rest. Scott. Maybe Adam and Lorelle (though they live in California now). Amy. Brian.

You May Also Like

0 comentarios

featured posts